The Jarrow Marchers were welcomed on their arrival in Sheffield by members of SACA along with other trade unionists and unemployed youth. Youth unemployment had almost reached 1 million on the day of their arrival. The march, organised by the Youth Fight for Jobs, was also in memory of the famous Jarrow March of 1936, during the Great Depression.
- fb.me/3E6SVZqmZ 3 years ago
- Today a global movement for an end to zero hours and for a decent wage for all workers is being born. Action in.... fb.me/6MtyjMfxY 3 years ago
- fb.me/6VXdaxP6B 3 years ago
- RT @SheffieldStar: Today’s Star columnist: Patrick Meleady: There is a resurgence of extremism in all its guises. We are witnessi... http:/… 3 years ago
- fb.me/3TftaQtJv 3 years ago
- 18,951 hits